Aloha from Hawaii

Ulfhed
Ulfhed
05/14/2021 11:19 pm

New to the forum, new to the guitar.

Been wanting to pick up an instrument again for easily thirty-plus years now, but also had some excuse why I couldn't, or why I didn't. Actually got inspired by a VA newsletter about Veterans getting guitar lessons, and figured that it was now or never, you know?[br][br]Did some research, went out and picked up an Epiphone DR-100 Dreadnought from a local music store, and while talking with a friend of mine about my purchase - she said her husband recommended GuitarTricks, so here I am.

I figure it's never too late to learn something new, so even though I'm turning 46 next month, I'm looking forward to this journey...even if my fingertips are already reminding me to take things slow and easy. Still on furlough for the foreseeable future, so now's a good time to start developing new habits. I even keep my guitar, on its new stand, sitting right in the living room, right next to the TV and right in front of me, so it's constant presence is a reminder to not let it just gather dust hidden in a case beneath my bed.

Looking forward to getting further on this journey and always glad to have a social network to commisserate with![br][br]Chris

# 1
susanostephan
susanostephan
05/17/2021 4:00 am

Aloha! I started taking the guitar at 45 and it will be four years in August. It was like falling in love. I play an hour a day or more. Stick with it you'll be surprised at how good you can get. Some days I get really frustrated but then I'll be playing at the park and someone will tell me how great it sounds. That feels wonderful. The site is great for exploring different genres too. I've been looking at the classical guitar quite a bit which has been fun and challenging.

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2021 3:01 pm

This is all so great to hear.

Isn't it amazing how life-changing it can be to learn to play?

Bravo to you both!

-Lisa McCormick

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
08/22/2021 4:04 pm

Excellent could you please tell me how to message an instructor please.

# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/23/2021 10:52 pm

Each Instuctor has her or his own Forum in the Full Access Forum Section. You can find each of us there!

- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.