View post (Using a bluetooth transmitter with amp)

View thread

mattpcollins
Full Access
mattpcollins
Full Access
02/22/2021 6:36 am

Hi you all,

I need some good headphones for electric guitar practice. I've been using these Sony headphones I've had for like 10 years now:

They're fine for listening to music on my phone, but now it's time for something hi-fi.

I've read tons of reviews of guitar practice headphones, and these ones from Audio-Technica keep coming up. The reviews are always good.

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/ath-m50xbt

They make them in wired, and bluetooth wireless. It sure would be nice not to have a cable coming off my head, I'm always sitting on the cable and yanking it. But I would need to run a bluetooth transmitter out of my headphone jack on my amp (an Orange Crush 20).

If I ran a bluetooth transmitter out of the headphone output of my amp, would I most likely get a clean signal? Or would I get interference sounds with the amp, or noticible latency?

I can always get the wired version of these headphones, but wireless sure would be nice. Oh and what is the lifespan of the batteries on bluetooth headphones? You can't pop the batteries out of these headphones to replace them, I already checked on that.

Thanks!