View post (About the core learning system)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/21/2021 7:29 pm
Originally Posted by: JustOnMyJourney

I have still some trouble figuring out how often focusing on songs is optimal. On a lot of guitar websites they say 99% of the time. Then you have guys who say focus on techniques etc mostly, songs will follow.[/quote]

This is going to vary by individual. There's no way to say "X amount of working on songs & Y amount of technique" & expect that it will work for every guitar learner.

It's going to be a combination of your enjoyment, your goals & desires. And just by jumping in there & doing something you will gain the experience of what works for you to accomplish those goals & desires.

[quote=JustOnMyJourney]And if I follow blues 1 and practice 7 days a week, is there an optimal number of days to practice a song?

Again, your enjoyment, goals & desires. It's also going to depend on how hard the song is. How many of the techniques the song requires that you already know versus how many you will have to learn just to learn the song.

I understand that you want to learn the right way & you might be concerned about impeding your progress by doing something wrong. But as long as you are working on technique, learning songs & enjoying the process, then you are fine. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory