Fostex FD 4 multitrack

stratgod
stratgod
01/05/2003 8:00 pm
My fellow band guitarist just bought a Fostex FD-4 because he wanted to go digital. The thing is it didn't come with any storage device. I beleive you can put an internal drive in their but does anyone know where the hell to put it and what to connect it to? If anyone could provide any info it would be great. I wouldn't have a problem fitting it as I work in the computer industry anyway. Any pointers or advice will be absorbed whilst smoking large amounts of pot and working on my record single.:)
Thanks people!
Luke.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/05/2003 10:21 pm
Im using a Korg D1600 at the moment and it loves SCSI extras. It wont run unless there is an internal HDD installed as that’s where it keeps its OS however I don’t know if the Fostex works the same way or uses ROM chips.

I looked round the back of mine, located the SCSI port, confirmed it was a 25 pin interfaces and got a redundant external hard drive from work (I did ask first !!!!)
As SCSI tech is quite old, if you have the interface, you may be able to pick up an external HDD very cheaply and use that (you may have to format the drive) instead of shelling out for a new internal IDE drive.

Best of luck
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.