View post (Fretboard Memorizing?)

View thread

Kelenpe
Kelenpe
01/02/2021 11:29 am

Hi,

Just few updates ,these last weeks I feel that I now see through the fretboard patterns.

Thanks all for your support. I have practice the octave navigation methods and memorization is getting into place.

I feel that I will soon "know kung-fu" :-)

Agree with manXcat, I also think that the 23 sec records are not possible. Anyway I find the tool useful as brain memory gymnastic. It is surely not a goal on its own... I now come down do 1min 30 sec for a 20/20 result. I feel it can be improved again and I am faster than few weeks ago now that I see the patterns on the fretboard.

FYI, I use a touch screen which speed up my answer to the Fretboard Trainer (my laptop screen got is also touchscreen).

Also to add on the topic, by looking for this post I found an older one which is related with useful tips from Christofer Schlegel:

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?f=8&t=47022

Anyway, I will keep practicing... I am now starting my second year with GT program, and I must say that as beginner I underestimated this forum which is very useful to get help from teachers and more experienced folks.

So thanks again an Happy new year, Cheers.

Yamaha Pacifica 112v and APX600