Hi to the world out there,

Airborne2466
Airborne2466
12/02/2020 4:45 pm

Hi to the world,

Just decided to give it another go after a long break. It has been a long and difficult year for all, I hope that Christmas bring some real joy through your front door.

I am having some real difficulties in Chord Transition if anyone out there can give me some guidance I shall send you an extra large prayer on Christmas Eve evening

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/02/2020 8:09 pm

Welcome to the Guitar Tricks forum! Chord transition is a question we get a lot. It's all about repetition. Jump from that D to G over and over and over again. Working it out slowly will help you gain speed as well. Try it extra slow, then gradually speed it up. I'm sure some other members have tips on this. Enjoy the course!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
12/02/2020 8:52 pm

Welcome!

Grab your guitar and just kick back while you're watching a movie or on a call, and practice the transitions without strumming. Over and over.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 3
manXcat
manXcat
12/02/2020 9:12 pm
Originally Posted by: Airborne2466I am having some real difficulties in Chord Transition if anyone out there can give me some guidance Airborne2466

Hello Darren. Presuming you're Aussie or Brit using the vernacular "Parachute Regiment" and a previous nick Dazza2466 (a typical Aussie name contraction). Having read through your six previous posts (e.g. 07/22/20) to try and get some background dates, past experience etc. Understand you have a brain injury from a work related incident, one symptom of which mentioned by you is epilepsy. Are there any additional presenting symptoms which might affect your motor skills relative to playign guitar, i.e. co-ordination, or brain function relative to learning that would be of importance to know in order to offer meaningful "guidence"?

[br]While determination, repetition, perserverance, patience & time are five primary ingredients of any truthful answer, more info is required for any guidance to be targeted and meaningful beyond that or banal phrases of encouragment.

What "difficulties" precisely are you having?

i.e. Forming any chord per se, forming particular chords e.g. F, Bm, forming particular types of chords, i.e. barre vs open, playing chords in a song at tempo, just playing a chord progression e.g.in C, I vi IV V fluently, or transitioning from one to another at all (basic) i.e. A-D-A-E-A?

Example/s? Be specific.

I note in post of today's date you also mention "I am struggling with my strumming", subsequently offered sterling advice by JeffS. So it'd be helpful to know how far into and which course are you attempting since you've restarted, as in another much earlier post of more than a year ago (07/09/2019) addressed to Anders sub-forum under your previous nick of dazzz2466 you mention "I am having some difficulties on the Beginners Rock 1 Lessons"?

If you're a beginner or re-beginner after a lengthy hiatus, you should start here and [u]work through following the course structure progressively[/u] with consistency. Rock Level 1 is not the place to start unless you are an intermediate-'beginner' or more experienced, which it doesn't sound like from the tenor of your posts..

Until we know more, general guidence was offered in my second paragraph.

[br]Best wishes & cheers,

manXcat

# 4
Airborne2466
Airborne2466
12/03/2020 9:59 am

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes I am Welsh and I recieved my head injury (throwing Epilepsy my way) during my service in The Parachute Regiment. I previously used the name Dazzz2466 not Dazza, I do have a nephew in Melbourne though and being Welsh I like a nice 'Cwtch' with a sheep .

Thanks for your text, I shall try to follow it. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and I hope that you all get what you wished for.

Airbourne2466 (Darren)

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.