how many chords should one learn in one day

bigdragon.ana
bigdragon.ana
10/26/2020 11:15 am

I have quite a bit of time to train with my guitar. My question is about the amount of chords one should learn at one time.

At the moment I'm learning A minor, E major C major and G major. for about 15 minutes each. I also learn to change from A minor to E major and vice versa for 15 minutes. The same for C major and G major.

I started learning these chords instead of the easy chords because using the easy chord seems a bit of a waist of time (just my personal opinion).

I just wonder if I'm learning enough chords or else too many chords a day. How do most of you learn your chords.

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/26/2020 12:23 pm

I think the focus should be can you make the chord clean - with one exception: some chords are so difficult that it may take a while to learn them, so its best to put them on your "to do" list and keep coming back to them so you don't stagnate. I am thinking F major, Barre chords and some others.

The only numbers goal I set is when I'm practicing with a metronome. Other than that I dont set a value of how many of this or that I should learn. I just keep learning at a fairly steady pace.

good luck.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
bigdragon.ana
bigdragon.ana
10/26/2020 1:21 pm

to be honest, they all are on my to do list because I can't play any decently at the moment. I was just wondering if 4 chords isn't too much to start with. Then again, I do make a bit of progress every day so I must be doing something right.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.