which strings on acoustic poll

manXcat
manXcat
10/18/2020 1:11 am

I've used Ernie Ball 2223 Super Slinkys on electrics a couple of times Herman. After that experience, I didn't bother trying them on my acoustics if memory serves accurately.

They did feel nice enough on the fingers and I had no issue with how they sound [u]immediately after fitting[/u], but they go 'off' (as in lose tone and sound dead) too quickly. D'Addarios last me much longer before they start to sound anywhere near as lacklustre. [br][br]I know some guys swear by Ernie Ball and Slinkys in their preferrred gauge, but they're not for me.

# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/19/2020 4:34 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

I've used Ernie Ball 2223 Super Slinkys on electrics a couple of times Herman. After that experience, I didn't bother trying them on my acoustics if memory serves accurately.

They did feel nice enough on the fingers and I had no issue with how they sound [u]immediately after fitting[/u], but they go 'off' (as in lose tone and sound dead) too quickly. D'Addarios last me much longer before they start to sound anywhere near as lacklustre. [br][br]I know some guys swear by Ernie Ball and Slinkys in their preferrred gauge, but they're not for me.

Agreed with this. I'd play D'Addarios a lot longer than probbly they should last and still get a decent sound. It's that different brands haave so much different. How different cn strings be, ya know? But, it has been my experience nontheless.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.