View post (which strings on acoustic poll)

View thread

Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
10/02/2020 4:11 pm
Originally Posted by: faith83
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: faith83I have a Fender CS60

You might like to be adventurous and give these or these a try in your preferred gauge. I prefer the EJ16 uncoated, Sasha-B likes the EXP16 coated. Not to dismiss from others' preferences, but you just might like them. A lot of people do.

Tone wise there is a remarkable tonal difference between those two. I've used both, prefering the EJs, although the EXPs will last considerably longer between changes but cost more so it works aout enither here nor there. Feel, they're different too, but that's a very individual preference IME.

Thank you! I'm about due for new strings -- I will check them out. The hunt continues... I have D'ddario light gauge on now, but I'm not a fan.I don't think they're the ones you mentioned though, so it's worth a try. It might be that I'm just not a fan of this guitar. I bought a budget one because after buying and selling twice before, I wasn't sure it would stick this time around, but it has and now I'm wishing I'd bought the Martin that I really wanted... sigh...

once I knew I was going to stick with it a few years ago, I requested money to go to a new guitar. I'm glad I did because, with more experience as a player, I knew what I wanted and what I did not want in an acoustic. if you are close to the NH border-Manchester Music Mill carries a varied selection of guitars when the time is right. Plus, no sales tax!

the great thing about strings is that they are a cheap modification. and i do like the EJ16s as well, the EXP16s are a tad more pleasant to my ears. again, personal preference.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute