View post (which strings on acoustic poll)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
10/02/2020 3:08 am
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: faith83I have a Fender CS60

You might like to be adventurous and give these or these a try in your preferred gauge. I prefer the EJ16 uncoated, Sasha-B likes the EXP16 coated. Not to dismiss from others' preferences, but you just might like them. A lot of people do.

Tone wise there is a remarkable tonal difference between those two. I've used both, prefering the EJs, although the EXPs will last considerably longer between changes but cost more so it works aout enither here nor there. Feel, they're different too, but that's a very individual preference IME.

Thank you! I'm about due for new strings -- I will check them out. The hunt continues... I have D'ddario light gauge on now, but I'm not a fan.I don't think they're the ones you mentioned though, so it's worth a try. It might be that I'm just not a fan of this guitar. I bought a budget one because after buying and selling twice before, I wasn't sure it would stick this time around, but it has and now I'm wishing I'd bought the Martin that I really wanted... sigh...

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."