View post (Whiskey River)

View thread

anthm
anthm
05/25/2020 8:59 am

Hi Mike,

I,ve been concentrating on your Whiskey River Acoustic lesson. Great teaching, and I have found the limit of ability with this one, I can do the A section strumming up to tempo cant quite get the B section up to tempo but confident it will come.

Questions,

Q1) With the A section strum you teach like two small root note downs then a full down then two ups and a DUDU at the end, so (Root, Root D U U D U D U,) for some reason its more natural for me to do like (Root Root D D U U U DUDU), Am i doing it wrong? is it acceptable how I am doing it? I seem to fit it into the timing of one bar, maybe I,m creating a bad habit. Id be itereted in your take.

Q2) The accoustic blues type solo is definitly above my ability at the momnet and I would like to substitute it with a strum and chords, Should I do the kind of strum pattern in the A section or shoot for a boom chic pattren like in the B section, Also what would the chord progressions be? Its a bit strange , I,m out of my depth as the Bars in the TAB for the accoustic solo seem all over the shop. Can I substitute the acoustic solo with a strum and Chord progression?

Kind Regards

Anthony.

PS . I looked at private lessons with you today but our time zones dont match, times coincide with Hong Kong 11pm till 5 am type of thing, may I ask what time zone exactly you are on?