View post (Live Lessons with Mike and Dave! [APRIL 17 & 18])

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/18/2020 3:06 am

Thanks for clarifying Billy.

Having attended my first, two things I'd like to raise; 1. in both praise and a minor critique, and 2. a suggestion.

1. I participated in Mike O's Live lesson for the first time today, enjoyed and benefited from it. US1900PST (7PMCST) = start of 1000 local timing was pretty good for most including those of us not located domestically in the US. Even doable if very late-ish local in UK/EU. Appreciating I am in GT's core audience minority, nevertheless Dave C's on the other hand starting at 1100PST = starts at 0400EST where I live on the East Coast of Australia. Now I am ordinarily an very early riser...but ... Even a slight shift to mid-afternoon start of say 1400PST would be conducive to reducing my local prep to only X2 espresso ristretto.

Just something perhaps for future schedule consideration?

2. Past any novelty of just being there, taking into consideration the pros -motivation, interaction, etc and con e.g. committment to book, turn up & on time, although it's early days [u]I'd like to put forward the following suggestion for your and Jon Broderick's consideration[/u].

Looking to experience with and examples from alternative guitar teaching sites I co-subscribe to, one of which I think highly presents regular similar interactive group style professional free (at present -COVID-19?) presentations in support of one of their instructor's paid instructional modules.

I think Guitar Tricks could present real [u]added value[/u] in offering a regular group style interactive lesson format like this which supplements the fixed Core stream and supplementary pre-recorded lessons to the Guitar Tricks value orientated customer base.

I do appreciate that imposes an additional impost in terms of time, resources and cost, so my view is that I don't think a regular stream program would necessarily need to be included gratis in the base subscription, and would still work commercially and beneficially for all with the impost of an optional [u]modest[/u] additional annual fee [u]plus package[/u] to the current sub which A. keeps it affordable, B. leaves an option in for those who find value benefit in it or out for those who don't, and C. means there's zero single appointment disengagement nor pre-booked vacillation or cancx because of the risk of lost cost as there is with pay per session if not being present for every scheduled streamed group session. Participation rate today was 26 studs + host at peak as I recall. Solid.

As I see it, a regular scheduled live group session would provide an additional income stream for both GT and its instructors who wish to participate for a modest preperation and stream time committment, yet be of significant value in terms of purpose and value adding to the overall GT site/brand as well as its student audience. Win-win-win. I'll put my hand up for starters right now and say I'd buy such a GT plus package, and I'm not ordinarily a pay-per-module person unless I perceive genuine value in what's on offer.

As I see it, such a concept shouldn't interfere with or doesn't compete with current one-on-one lessons, but would be far more affordable and instructor/resource efficient.

I should think most of us attracted to Guitar Tricks are here because of the A. convenience and B. cost efficiency of this method of tuition vs personalised one-on-one real world interfaced lessons.Those who want one-on-one would avail themselves of them in any case, be it here or elsewhere. I know that at some stage in future as my skillset advances and it serves a real purpose, I'll be engaging one-to-one to as necessary, and most probably with one of the available instructors here.

For your consideration.Thanks for reading

manXcat