Live Lessons with Mike and Dave! [APRIL 17 & 18]

Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/16/2020 7:23 pm

Hi everyone!

In case you missed our Facebook and Twitter posts, we're hosting two live lessons this weekend.

Click here for Mike's lesson this Friday, April 17th.

Also, Dave is hosting a live lesson this Saturday, April 18th.

Please keep in mind the time zones of these lessons!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 1
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
04/16/2020 10:17 pm

I just tried to download the file ready for Dave's lesson but I keep getting an error message when I try to load the page, anyone else have the same problem?

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
04/16/2020 10:18 pm

Not here, I booked both without a hitch

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
04/16/2020 10:57 pm

Same issue with attempting to download [u]the linked file[/u] fuzzb0x.

"Make sure you have this notation handy for the lesson: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYRTD1A"

Most probable the share permission isn't set correctly, or the provided link was changed after cut and paste and is erroneous.

# 4
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
04/16/2020 11:17 pm

This is what you guys should be seeing, I attempted to register again but I am already in. Both hyperlinks are working fine for me. Using Chrome.

# 5
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
04/16/2020 11:40 pm

We're not referring to the two initial registration hotlinks, but the sole subsequent hotlink provided within Dave Celentano's (cut and paste) quoted in my previous post.

That hotlink doesn't work off the presented dialogue, but presents a Google Drive error dialogue page.

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and that the file exists".

Win10 Pro x64 desktop here.

"Google Chrome is up to date[br]Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

I did get it in the end fuzzb0x, but it's dodgy. The first link was incomplete (erroneous).

After registering, you'll be sent an email which contains a [u]longer different hotlink to the notation which is correct[/u].

Upon clicking on that emailed link you'll be presented with a privacy warning alert dialogue. You'll have to click on "Advanced" on that page (to the left of screen) and manually proceed to get it or the button default paraphrased will 'take you back to safety'. o.O

If you choose to go to the link, you'll be presented with a 2 page downloadable and printable .pdf which contains script and tab notation for the lesson.

# 6
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/17/2020 11:18 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

We're not referring to the two initial registration hotlinks, but the sole subsequent hotlink provided within Dave Celentano's (cut and paste) quoted in my previous post.

That hotlink doesn't work off the presented dialogue, but presents a Google Drive error dialogue page.

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and that the file exists".

Win10 Pro x64 desktop here.

"Google Chrome is up to date[br]Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

I did get it in the end fuzzb0x, but it's dodgy. The first link was incomplete (erroneous).

After registering, you'll be sent an email which contains a [u]longer different hotlink to the notation which is correct[/u].

Upon clicking on that emailed link you'll be presented with a privacy warning alert dialogue. You'll have to click on "Advanced" on that page (to the left of screen) and manually proceed to get it or the button default paraphrased will 'take you back to safety'. o.O

If you choose to go to the link, you'll be presented with a 2 page downloadable and printable .pdf which contains script and tab notation for the lesson.

Woah, super weird! [UPDATE]:

For whatever reason there was a character limit that cut off the link in the description page. To get the PDF, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYRTD1AvotlZaz_IArrd7V19XIXjJe9C/view?usp=sharing

When you register, you will also be sent the correct link to the PDF.

Thanks for the feedback and your patience!

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 7
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
04/18/2020 12:58 am

Thank you so much for doing these Billy. These are great.

# 8
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
04/18/2020 3:06 am

Thanks for clarifying Billy.

Having attended my first, two things I'd like to raise; 1. in both praise and a minor critique, and 2. a suggestion.

1. I participated in Mike O's Live lesson for the first time today, enjoyed and benefited from it. US1900PST (7PMCST) = start of 1000 local timing was pretty good for most including those of us not located domestically in the US. Even doable if very late-ish local in UK/EU. Appreciating I am in GT's core audience minority, nevertheless Dave C's on the other hand starting at 1100PST = starts at 0400EST where I live on the East Coast of Australia. Now I am ordinarily an very early riser...but ... Even a slight shift to mid-afternoon start of say 1400PST would be conducive to reducing my local prep to only X2 espresso ristretto.

Just something perhaps for future schedule consideration?

2. Past any novelty of just being there, taking into consideration the pros -motivation, interaction, etc and con e.g. committment to book, turn up & on time, although it's early days [u]I'd like to put forward the following suggestion for your and Jon Broderick's consideration[/u].

Looking to experience with and examples from alternative guitar teaching sites I co-subscribe to, one of which I think highly presents regular similar interactive group style professional free (at present -COVID-19?) presentations in support of one of their instructor's paid instructional modules.

I think Guitar Tricks could present real [u]added value[/u] in offering a regular group style interactive lesson format like this which supplements the fixed Core stream and supplementary pre-recorded lessons to the Guitar Tricks value orientated customer base.

I do appreciate that imposes an additional impost in terms of time, resources and cost, so my view is that I don't think a regular stream program would necessarily need to be included gratis in the base subscription, and would still work commercially and beneficially for all with the impost of an optional [u]modest[/u] additional annual fee [u]plus package[/u] to the current sub which A. keeps it affordable, B. leaves an option in for those who find value benefit in it or out for those who don't, and C. means there's zero single appointment disengagement nor pre-booked vacillation or cancx because of the risk of lost cost as there is with pay per session if not being present for every scheduled streamed group session. Participation rate today was 26 studs + host at peak as I recall. Solid.

As I see it, a regular scheduled live group session would provide an additional income stream for both GT and its instructors who wish to participate for a modest preperation and stream time committment, yet be of significant value in terms of purpose and value adding to the overall GT site/brand as well as its student audience. Win-win-win. I'll put my hand up for starters right now and say I'd buy such a GT plus package, and I'm not ordinarily a pay-per-module person unless I perceive genuine value in what's on offer.

As I see it, such a concept shouldn't interfere with or doesn't compete with current one-on-one lessons, but would be far more affordable and instructor/resource efficient.

I should think most of us attracted to Guitar Tricks are here because of the A. convenience and B. cost efficiency of this method of tuition vs personalised one-on-one real world interfaced lessons.Those who want one-on-one would avail themselves of them in any case, be it here or elsewhere. I know that at some stage in future as my skillset advances and it serves a real purpose, I'll be engaging one-to-one to as necessary, and most probably with one of the available instructors here.

For your consideration.Thanks for reading

manXcat

# 9
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
04/18/2020 4:04 am

I enthusiastically like your suggestion, manXcat. I don't know what the sweet spot would be in terms of being affordable for members and worthwhile for GT. I hope the good people at GT will give your idea some thought. Maybe consider these Covid-time lessons a proof of concept.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 10
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
04/18/2020 6:07 am

Concur re proof of concept Dave. As a business, pertinent of course for GT to note continuing attendance once the initial novelty phase passes.

Similarly re the cost effective for all motivational sweet point.

I see it also as a perfect opportunity/vehicle to run advanced syllabus group courses on non-core fundamentals or style material with e.g. a 10 min Q&A session scheduled into the end of each lesson, or for instance a fast-track concentrated theory course. ie. I'm already personally on the latter via a paid, self-paced, graded, focussed course sub with another site as well, and a intense paid different module elsewhere.

Numbers by 'Plus sub' are the key to keeping it affordable here, whilst at the same time presenting its own potential problem with managable class size without a first come first served early registration restriction or moving to a pay-per-module/course limited to an xx slots availability model.

I'm chugging along full steam ahead as is, but perceive the initial recommendation #2 has potential to work favourably to mutual benefit of all, and as iterated, I'd be up for it.

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.