View post (Five (not so long) Hours!)

View thread

W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
07/16/2019 6:53 am

Hi Andrew,

I commend you on your skills, this lesson is quite a challenge. Hats off to each of you.

I second SMJimbo comments re: DC lessons and bang for the buck. I’ve been taking group lessons (interspersed with individual) from Dave since summer 2017 and have learned more in the past couple years than previous couple decades of self-study, tab books and YouTube.

We had a Thursday afternoon group (relative to me in Atlanta, GA, US) of approx 5 students with one in the UK as you, but recently merged with Dave’s Wednesday evening class and our UK friend still makes many of our weekly lessons. It’s a convenient setup, just month-to-month, pay as you go, low/no-pressure (unless you ask for it ;-)

I’m more an 80s rock player by nature, but since Dave’s lessons exposed me to many different styles and genres, I’ve found great appreciation in playing the 12-bar blues and now embrace these opportunities to expand my comfort zone.

In fact just this Wednesday we’re scheduled to begin a series of blues lessons after completing Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here and a very cool Spanish guitar piece that’s not been published yet.

I really think you’d see what the hype is about playing with Dave in person. We have a wide range of skill levels in our group and it sounds like you’d fit right in with us, same as SMJimbo, both of you likely on the semi-advanced / intermediate side of things but everyone is welcome, ... the more the merrier.

It might make sense to schedule a private 1-on-1 this month with him and join us for August — it’s likely we’ll still be working on blues lessons including SRV that I know is one of Stratman Jimbos favs.

Just my $0.02, hope to see you in class,

best regards to both of you,

wolverine