Megadeth Study- Lead 2

gavin_macgregor
gavin_macgregor
07/04/2019 4:11 am

Dave, first I want to say that I was really drawn to the exotic notes and bends of this solo. I finally learned it after many many sessions. Now I’m working on the speed aspect.

i really enjoyed this study, great stuff.

Question- if this is not from an actual song, are you taking small pieces from solos and putting them in the study?

I was curious on how the backing track was established for this solo. Do you guys have to create the backing track?

Any possible interest in a Jake E. Lee Study?

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/05/2019 3:03 pm

Thanks Gavin! This solo is inspired by the Marty Freidman era of Megadeth. I studied a lot of Marty's playing (I even took several lessons from him when we were both in highschool - we grew up and went to the same highschool together), which is where I got the inspiration. Typically Freidman uses a lot of Harmonic Minor and Phrygian Dominant scales (for a middle Eastern vibe), as well as diminished ideas and cool string bending.

I wrote the rhythm track that plays under the solo and Guitar Tricks created the backing track for me.

If you dig this style of lead playing and want more, I can help you in a live private '1 on 1' lesson online. Here's the link to see me available days, rates, and to schedule a lesson:

https://guitartricks.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?calendarID=1274409&fbclid=IwAR35LuhmQIjAsO_BNLAO351u0GQvGwofQ5T3_92nJZSa7dDNn2hDfTZP5IU

Let me know if you have any questions and keep those fingers flying!!

-Dave

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.