Show Me the Way!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
06/10/2019 10:05 pm

Here's a dilemma: Either you're getting better at breaking down these classic tunes, Mike or my appreciation for getting the insight on the inner workings of most of these tunes has increased dramatically!! I've already explained to you that ELP's great "From the Beginning" was a huge deal growing up where those fortunately gifted enough could get most parts down..............I know this is almost an insult to your effort but you put this classic together seamlessly and seemingly effortlessly!! I really hope fellow GT members can fully appreciate this....the talent plus wherewithal to break down and figure out all thses tasty bits!! Exact same deal here with Peter's classic!! Wonderful job and you do this just so logically and systematically but also carry forward the emotions and feelings of this era approaching 50 years ago..........and surely before your time!! I love all this and you absolutely hit all the right boxes once again!! Fun facts.........probably nobody really cares about now but Lou Reed had a mini farm adjacent to my parent's farm in Stillwater, NJ during this time............and used to call my Mom to complain that our cattle escaped and were eating his petunias.........Mom used to refer to "Some rock star named Louis called to tell me 'Betty....your damn angus cows are at it again on my property!!'" when she told me at the time........but Peter Frampton also had a nice property right there in Stillwater and a close buddy of mine told me about how his favorite Les Paul he used on this tune was stolen or lost on a flight to the islands ............and I read found again just a few years back in terrible shape.....but all these great old memories came together as I worked through you fantastic effort on this classic tune...........from the best selling live album of all time!! Bottomline: Great work once again and superior song choice!! Jim C.

# 1
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
06/10/2019 11:09 pm

Hey Mike I agree with Jim great tutorial any chance that Do You Feel Like We Do is coming up also thanks

# 2
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/11/2019 5:56 pm

Hey thanks guys! It's one of my faves, so it was a blast to get to teach it!

I would love to teach Do You Feel Like We Do - once again, it's just up to the publishers if we can get clearance on it -- I'll pass it along to HQ!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 3
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
06/12/2019 8:57 am

Great lessons Mike

People are still listening to songs from the 70's for a reason!!!

Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Hey thanks guys! It's one of my faves, so it was a blast to get to teach it!

I would love to teach Do You Feel Like We Do - once again, it's just up to the publishers if we can get clearance on it -- I'll pass it along to HQ!

Mike

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.