View post (Effective Practicing Schedule)

View thread

jasim.hd
jasim.hd
02/11/2019 8:16 pm

Hello, Chris. I'm really glad you're doing okay.

Always good to hear from you, always good.

I agree with everything you said, and lately I've been trying to morph songs into my daily routine of practice, which leaves me feeling very good after learning how to play a certain solo or a certain lick.

But back to the subject at hand, which your next question:

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

So what style do you want to play?

I'm very confused of how to answer this question, I'm sure you may have faced this confusion with a student or two before me LOL.

Due to developing tinnitus and growing old, I'm finding myself growing out of Metal. I love it, and I'd love to play a good riff once in a while, but it's not me anymore. I'm mainly torn between Rock and Blues.

I love Rock, I love listening to it, playing it, the power and the control of it. I love the energy and the flow of energy that come from playing it. But on the other hand, Blues is just magic.

I am learning B. B. King's The Thrill Is Gone, and yesterday after I learnt and started playing to the intro solo, I felt magic I never felt before in my life. A small solo, but while I was playing to it I forgot myself, I closed my eyes and just felt it. I'm pretty sure that you know what I mean. I'm really sorry for making it harder LOL.

What I’m trying to say is that I’m not sure where my soul lays. Dare I say Blues?