Lovin' Your Acoustic, Mike!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/22/2018 3:39 am

Here's a weird bit of trivia that nobody cares about hearing but here goes........my ex ex ex girlfriend (long time ago!!) auditioned for her area's top flight rock band who just lost their female lead vocalist and she chose this song to blow the remaining bandmembers away.......and she did that in spades as her octave range was natural and through the roof!! Then when they wanted to hire her.......they discovered she was the ripe old age of 16 at the time when bars had a minimum age of 18 and therefore a minor.......and sadly told her to come back in a couple of years........which she never did. At any rate.....very cool progression I always thought was much tougher (it is on the fingering especially when one plays full barre chords on acoustic) but.......how cool would it be for you to present us with a great intermediate/advanced acoustic blues course as a follow up!!?? I know.....I know..........if you had a buck for every one of my requests you'd buy that nice Martin guitar you've been eyeing......but seriously; it all started acoustic and to shine unplugged on acoustic blues.....I believe is the ultimate!! I flip out excited every time I come across another cool acoustic blues lick in E or any key........that stands out and is unique as it sounds!!

At any rate, thanks for this cool progression.......From the Beginning and some Pete on acoustic as well!! Happy Thanksgiving too, buddy!!

Jim C.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/22/2018 1:36 pm

Ha! Glad you dig the tutorial!! We could definitely use a few more acoustic blues type tutorials (thanks for the suggestion!), but be sure to check these out if you haven't already:

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=18102&s_id=1388

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=18110&s_id=1389

Have a great Thanksgiving back at you!! Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.