Where's Pete!!! ????

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
08/13/2018 3:48 pm

Who.............'WHO'......is holding this greatly anticipated course, Mike!!??

In all seriousness........I was sad to learn the great Aretha Franklin is about to pass this week..........maybe nothing to do with great blues guitar and inventive R&R guitar of Pete Townsend but superior soulful R&B singer........

Jim C.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/13/2018 7:52 pm

Hi Jim, no word on the Pete Townsend Artist Study yet - but it is indeed somewhere in the pipeline. Hopefully it arrives soon!

Sad to hear about Aretha -- one of the greats!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
08/13/2018 9:44 pm

No pressure Mike...........but I get the distinct inkling this course shall be one where we can all see for miles and miles and know who's next plus substitute nothing else for this course and how I know I can't explain behind blue eyes and won't get fooled again for my generation................OK.........enough weirdness...........I'm pretty positive you'll concur this is definitely something great to look forward to!!

Also..........the kids are alright!!

:>)

Jim C.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2018 7:51 pm

It's up!!

https://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=2399

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
10/28/2018 3:17 am

Whew!! Now I can finally leave you alone, Mike!!

Now you can rest easy without my constant nagging you about this phenomenal talent.....I'll bet nobody is as relieved as you are..........but wait!!! Duanne Allman!! Everybody forgets about that "other" guitarist in the Brothers that made Betts perculate!! Nobody seems to want to tackle this versatile great musician........short lived and really got his start (true story!) by utilizing an empty Coricidin bottle manufactured by my dad's old company Schering Plough or just Schering at the time!! Warren and Derek and Dickie all would have been mere afterthoughts without this super innovative great guitarist!! You wouldn't even have to tackle slide............there's more than enough innovative and tasty material to cover two complete studies if not more!!

Please consider.........if my suggestion on Pete takes off successfully (and from my priview thus far it most definitely should) then consider tackling Duanne and his distinct style of rock/blues/southern rock and yes.......even jazz or at least flavorful memories or Elizabeth Reed great harmonizing with Betts' jazzy nearly Carlos Santana memorable soloing!! Now you can't blame me for asking early because this Pete study took over a year from suggestion to fruition!!

All kidding aside.......you guys are the best!! Christopher, Dave and Tom and and you just keep the ole ball bouncing and challenging us........as as I've stated before, you guys all benefit as well as I'm certain these careful studies even open your eyes and ears big time as well!!

Muchas Gracias my brother!!!

Jim C.

# 5
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/28/2018 3:07 pm

Hey Jim - Duane Allman is a great idea - will let the powers at be know and keep my fingers crossed for a green light. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 6
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
10/28/2018 5:34 pm

You really did capture close to 75% of Pete's soloing "tricks" in just that one 'Lead Approaches' section, Mike!! Pretty amazing!!

Jim C.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.