pedals

Greg Graves
Greg Graves
08/11/2002 2:22 am
is buying pedals worth the buy? i'm just wondering what everyone thinks because i'm thinking about getting some but don't really know anything about them. all i know is that that can make some cool sounds. anyone have any input?
# 1
Brandonn
Brandonn
08/11/2002 3:08 am
Yeah.Get a Phaser,Delay,Wah-Wah,and Distortion if you don't have alot of money.These are the essentials.Later you should get a Flanger.The good pedals are made by Boss,Digitech,D.O.D.,MXR,Dunlop,and Danelectro.
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/11/2002 3:58 am
Originally posted by Brandonn
Yeah.Get a Phaser,Delay,Wah-Wah,and Distortion if you don't have alot of money.These are the essentials.Later you should get a Flanger.The good pedals are made by Boss,Digitech,D.O.D.,MXR,Dunlop,and Danelectro.

I focused on kicking ass in the Wah-Wah section (for now) and got both a Dunlop Crybaby and an ElectroHarmonix Q-Tron +, both work beautifully.

DOD in my opinion doesn't make that great of pedals, i tried a bunch out at a music store and didnt like them at all. thats my personal opinion and preference, of course, but they also melt in the sun:D
# 3
dot-dot-dot
dot-dot-dot
08/12/2002 2:32 pm
Originally posted by Brandonn
The good pedals are made by Boss,Digitech,D.O.D.,MXR,Dunlop,and Danelectro.

The Dano minis are awful; they sound OK, but the casings aren't up to any abuse whatsoever. Boss are decent but basic (the GT multiFX are pretty good though). DOD are, in my experience, pretty awful.

If you don't know what you want from pedals, I'd suggest you go to the local guitar shop and ask to try out the Boss display. Spend a bit of time with each pedal, and if you think it will actually enhance your playing, go for it. If you can't work out what it's going to add to your sound, ignore it.

I personally find the following effects most useful; EQ, compressor, delay, wah, auto-wah, but your tastes may well differ.
Squeeze the day!

The Monkey FX Page - effect guides and handbuilt pedals.
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/16/2002 8:42 pm
Yeah I agree...Dod are pretty damn bad. I like the dano minis...sound is good...they are affoerdable, but the casing is sort of fragile, so treat them right. If you want multi effects units...you cant beat Digitech.
Oh Carl Martin make nice effects aswell, but expensive.
Andrew
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.