Randy Rhoads Distortion, w/ Zoom 606 Guitar Pedal

PaRaSiTe666
PaRaSiTe666
08/10/2002 6:26 pm
I am looking for a good distortion type, similiar to that of Randy Rhoads. If you don't know who Randy is, I pity you...but anyway, if you have any suggestions, or settings for his distortion, reply here. I know that there is a defaulted distortion that is supposed to be Rhoads, but it isn't doesn't sound like his at all. If it helps, I have a Marshall VS102R 100 Watt amp and a ****ty Yamaha RGX 121S guitar.
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
08/10/2002 11:35 pm
rhoads used an mxr distortion pedal (probably on e of the best pedals ever made), you can buy vintage ones off of ebay, vintage are the originals which he used. or you can get a new reissued one.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.