Ain't I just the biggest pill, Mike!!!??

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/03/2017 2:23 am

I can't help it though.....just a HUGE fan of Pete and The Who for......well..........let's just say a heck of a lot longer than you have been!! I was just hoping there was some stirring at least on a P.T. study?? I know you told me months ago it took months to get approvals and a program outline and research and all that fun stuff behind the scenes........but you're "The Who" man and quite frankly as I can see on this site.......I'm hardly alone acting lie a little kid on Christmas hoping for their requested present!!

If not happening........which admittedly would be sad............we have your great multi Who tune breakdowns to work upon at least!!

Jim C.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/03/2017 11:18 am

Hey Jim! I wish I had some great news for you, but unfortunately the Townshend artist study doesn't appear to be in the works at this time. I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared at some point down the road, but for right now, it's probably best to just dive into all those great song tutorials that are up on the site.

Thanks again!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/03/2017 3:31 pm

U guys are still great (this coul've made U even greater in my humble opinion........Pete is the ultimate 'color commenter' player.......I think you know what I mean) but I appreciate your trying! Often learning songs can be the best method to improve on this six stringed thing but I prefer the approach like your esteemed colleague Dave Cellantano does with his SRV approach: stockpiles great concepts into a complete lesson plan so we can better understand (hopefully) how we can apply them into our own material. I love to hear why the greats revert to acoustic or effects or neck positions or certain chord changes etc etc and you definitely do this on these songs but I'd love this from an original songwriting perspective. At least you guys admit Pete's more than worthy of this study.......and I was going to ask if you'd concentrate on the period arguably the absolute peak of Pete's song arrangement super powers: The 'Who's Next' era...........without the cement wall action though of course!! :>) Jim C.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.