Guitar/Amp

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
08/03/2002 12:09 am
I am about to by an Original Fender Telecaster(Mexican).
And a "Crate" 30W amp.
Does anyone have any reflections on either of these items?

Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/03/2002 1:22 am
How do they feel in your hands ? Do you like them ? It is possible to generalize with regards to the make and model of guitars and amps but as everyone plays slightly differently and each guitar is slightly different the only real teat is to play ‘em and see if you like em !
Some people love the Fender Mexican kit some people hate it. I have a tex mex strat (bits made in USA and assembled in Mexico) and mex strat and a USA strat and I love all of them ! They are all different and I cant say I have a favorite.
Hope this helps
S

I also have a 60 W Crate transistor combo amp and it is very OK. I don’t use it that much as I have other kit to play through however I don’t have much in the way of complaints.

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
taylormarkow
taylormarkow
08/03/2002 6:26 pm
your lucky, i always wanted a tele. ive never had any problems with my crate amp. are you buying the amp with built in fx? you could not buy an amp and get a nicer tele, or vice versa. id rather have one nice guitar or one nice amp than two more normal things.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was why several of us died of tuberculosis.
# 3
voodoo_chile
voodoo_chile
08/04/2002 5:52 am
I have a Mexican Tele (re issue 1972 Thinline) semi hollow 'F' hole @ the top Ash body,mother of pearl pick guard,2 double wound P/Us.It is just plain sexy!!!
No complaints about it.#$*! the crate though.Spend a little Extra on the amp & you will never look back Dude!
I have a MESA BOOGIE DC-5 It is "Crunchy" as a mother#$%^&*.
The celestian black scorpion 15"is the best speaker i have tried to blow up yet!It will kick the hell out of any marshall stack you can find.And it fits in the front seat of the car.
Cool Runnins'
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.