Tom Petty

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
10/02/2017 10:50 pm

Mike: All this horrendous news today and it's hard to really be depressed over one single great artist like Tom Petty........but I can't help it!! I never knew any of the victims in Las Vegas and also never knew Tom Petty but I feel as though I did! This guy was a master with a perfect R&R voice and approach to song construction and you seem to have been very influenced by Tom as well with all your studies......RIP and man I'll miss Tom..........Gregg Allman as well..........it's also personal because these great artists from our childhood passing away reminds us of our own mortality but maybe....just perhaps.........we'll become a bit more sensitive and sharing with others...........you've already taught me this with your lessons (Christopher this includes you as well!) and careful breakdown of classic tunes and guitar styles that baffled most of us but also beloved great tunes.....It may seem like a small thing or a neat way to earn a living but you guys definitely approach these lessons as a lot more!! Just wanted to be nice especially today with all today's sadness in Las Vegas and Tom Petty and let you guys know you're appreciated!! I know it's not just a job for you....it's a complete passion!! Sorry if I'm too mushy!! Jim C.

# 1
stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
10/03/2017 3:59 am

Well said Jimbo, seeing some of the artists i grew up listening to pass away is sorta' tough at times for me. And yes, sometimes there is some connection even as a fan. Saw Ronnie Van Zandt with Skynyrd in '73 in a small auditorium with a crowd of about 100 and Gregg Allman in a small bar right before the Laid Back tour. You know, you see some of these people so many times you feel like you know them. And as far as the Instructors here, I can't say enough how much i appreciate the ability to log in and have all this knowledge, skill, and experience at my fingertips 24 hrs a day......CHEERS !!

# 2
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/03/2017 12:03 pm

Well, what a rough day indeed. I'm so glad I was able to see Tom live just a few years ago for the first time. Thanks for your kind words Jimbo and Steven!

Peace,

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.