View post (My Story)

View thread

stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
07/14/2017 3:16 am

whassup B, just a quick word to respond. i have a similar story. i have always loved music and wanted to play guitar even at a early age. my cousin played and let me borrow a gibson hummingbird, i think it was something like 50yrs ago. my folks sent me to an old lady that taught music, she would play her mandolin and you would play chords, until you missed one then she would wack you over the knuckles with her ruler, sorta, but not really. i didnt make it stick though. i moved on to other things and never got back to it until about 15yrs ago, spent countless hours praticing, drove my wife crazy and after about 5yrs drifted again. i made pretty good progress but i always felt just mechanical and could not feel comforatable playing in front of others. then about 9mos ago i enrolled here. i love this site and i feel as though i have mostly gained my previous experience back. not as mechanical sounding, i dont think. i love guitar more than ever and dont think i will ever quit again. especially with the help ive found here been working on ''aint that lovin you baby'' with dave c great teacher great song, just plain ole fun. in my humble opinion, whatever your speed, whatever your organization just keep hammerin and truck on. at 60 i'm too damn old to worry a whole lot about it and just love the journey. i do wish i would have had ''guitar tricks'' years ago, i may not have drifted so much....time to pick a little....later.