So Mike.."WHO" do U love the most!!??

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/07/2017 4:26 am

Seriously.......great thread of Who song lessons (who are we fooling?? Pete Townsend!!). Pete just always proved to me that one can and should push the boundaries of guitar and so many things he invented or at least made popular are almost taken for granted these days!! "Who are You" is especially well done with hsi neat inventive guitar tricks on both electric and acoustic!! I've only een a GuitarTricks.com premium member for about 3 months but man...am I addicted!! I haven't seen an advanced study on the guitar style and technique of Pete Townsend but this would make a beauty of a cool and useful fun course!! Hint...hint!! Sorry for all the Who puns.....I know they're groaners!! Jim C.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2017 11:27 am

Hey Jim, I couldn't agree more!! Stay tuned over the next several weeks for more Who tunes!! I've had a blast digging in and dissecting them - there's always something cool and genius with each one whether it be a unique guitar approach or composition.

[br]And great suggestion for a Pete Townshend Artist Study - I'll touch base with the folks in charge and make sure it's in the works!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/07/2017 1:32 pm

Thanks, Mike!! For a guy that claims he never played a guitar solo on any of his tunes........he sure fooled most of us!! Pete obviously spent hours and hours tooling around and experimenting with variation of chords and licks and double stops and riffs to enhance each and every one of his well crafted songs!! we owe it to him to take full advantage, right!!?? I recall as a kid figuring out some of the many cool riffs on the classic "I can see for miles" . Doesn't sound like a huge deal these days but when once considers this classic is 50 year young.............Jim C.

# 3
Rockerjs
Full Access
Rockerjs
Full Access
07/07/2017 4:47 pm

GREAT JOB Mike, only thing I miss the single guitar version of Who Are You but so what, the electric is enough to help ne develop further.

By the way, thank you for the compliment on BBE. It isn't proper etiquette to not acknowlegdge a compliment.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.