'Favourites' feature

IstvanPetrie
IstvanPetrie
03/03/2017 10:11 am

I currently use the Favourites feature of GT for two things:

- I add lessons that I have particularly enjoyed and would like to revisit

- I add lessons that I am struggling to perfect and need to come back to

I think it would be useful to be able to add custom groupings within 'Favourites' so that you could add favourite songs, techniques etc but also add things that you need to come back to. This would be particularly useful for users who are "stuck" on a lick or something, want to move on, but don't want to forget to keep going back to work through all their problem lessons in one place.

Other ideas would be the option to group favourites by style of music etc.

Just a thought...

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/03/2017 4:45 pm

This is pretty close to my most desired for and most asked for feature. Let 'us', the GT members, arrange/group what we are working on and revisiting in GT. Give us a Favorites page on which we can create our own folders and place the 'favorites' according to our choosing.

Let us create folders wherein we can file lessons and songs. Let us make our own folders which list lessons we are currently taking, songs we are learning now, songs we need to revisit to keep fresh, etc. After a long membership there are lots of songs I need to revisit to keep my playing fresh and there are lots of technique lessons I probably should revisit.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
IstvanPetrie
IstvanPetrie
03/04/2017 12:15 am

Yeah, you've articulated exactly what I'd like John. Still love GT but this would make it better in my opinion. I'm sure this would be popular with loads of members and not just us two. :-)

# 3
Joe105
Joe105
03/04/2017 5:57 pm

I'm certainly with you two guys on this subject..

I don't know what's involved in setting up something like this but I do hope it's possible in the very near future.

Joe

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.