View post (Hello! Guitar Teacher here! Ask me anything!)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/19/2017 6:57 pm

You're welcome! Glad to hear you are enjoying Lisa's tutorials.

Originally Posted by: Pinkpam

Before i had found this website i was using a book by Roger Evans called "How to play guitar, everything you need to know." The book does not describe simple chords and therefore i was getting confused since i learned the C chord, for example, a completely different way then Ms Lisa showed me on the tutorial. So, I was getting very confused. I had no idea there are different ways to play the same chord.

[/quote]

I understand! Glad we could clear that up for you.

[quote=Pinkpam]

One other question, for now anyway, is it better to strum or use a pick? I can't quite get the hang of a pick yet, the sounds are not quite as good with a pick. Perhaps, i am not holding it properly or something.

You don't have to use a pick for now. But in the long run it's best to have as many skills available as possible so you have options. I encourage you to make some time to work on getting used to using a pick. I have a tutorial aimed at that here:

https://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=1142

But while you are just starting out it's fine to just learn what you can using your fingers. Work on one thing at a time. Add more skills as you progress. Be patient with yourself & enjoy the process!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory