View post (New Guitar Player)

View thread

Grease Hammer
Grease Hammer
02/09/2017 7:11 pm

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the site and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 24, currently stationed in San Diego and in the Navy. Just started playing guitar almost a month ago and found that youtube (which taught me the absolute basics) was not the way for me to learn. It has some great information but there's no organization or structure to what you learn and it left me wondering where to go next. I then tried Yousician for about a week and while that was great and I was seeing some progress it just felt too much like a game and I felt I wasn't actually absorbing the material like I would in a more formal lesson style. So here I am, I started Guitar Fundamentals 1 and plan on taking this ride nice and slow. I started at the very beginning even though I knew most of the stuff in the first dozen videos. Hopefully this will be the answer I am looking for as far as the type of learning that I prefer and that will help me in the longrun. I've looked around the forums a bit and everyone seems extremely helpful. I'm very excited to learn guitar and become a part of what seems like a great community.