New Guitar Player

Grease Hammer
Grease Hammer
02/09/2017 7:11 pm

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the site and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 24, currently stationed in San Diego and in the Navy. Just started playing guitar almost a month ago and found that youtube (which taught me the absolute basics) was not the way for me to learn. It has some great information but there's no organization or structure to what you learn and it left me wondering where to go next. I then tried Yousician for about a week and while that was great and I was seeing some progress it just felt too much like a game and I felt I wasn't actually absorbing the material like I would in a more formal lesson style. So here I am, I started Guitar Fundamentals 1 and plan on taking this ride nice and slow. I started at the very beginning even though I knew most of the stuff in the first dozen videos. Hopefully this will be the answer I am looking for as far as the type of learning that I prefer and that will help me in the longrun. I've looked around the forums a bit and everyone seems extremely helpful. I'm very excited to learn guitar and become a part of what seems like a great community.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/11/2017 2:09 am

Glad to have you with us :). There's nothing wrong with getting familiar with the basics so I think it was a great idea for you to go over fundamentals 1. We hope you enjoy the service and look forward to you contributing to this awesome community.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Grease Hammer
Grease Hammer
02/11/2017 5:15 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Glad to have you with us :). There's nothing wrong with getting familiar with the basics so I think it was a great idea for you to go over fundamentals 1. We hope you enjoy the service and look forward to you contributing to this awesome community.

Thanks for the reply. I've been enjoying Guitar Fundamentals 1. Extremely easy to digest and very confidence building.

# 3
MichaelKorte
MichaelKorte
02/12/2017 4:18 pm

Two important things:[br]Practice and play regularly. Better 15 min a day, than 5 hours one day a week.

Second:

HAVE FUN and enjoy! Music is or having fun and having a journey through a new world full of emotions. :)

It does not matter as much, how good you are (sure, you want to become better, we all want) but that comes, by time. It matters more to enjoy playing this instrument and by that developing a huge passion!

Hang in there, you can do it!

# 4
Grease Hammer
Grease Hammer
02/13/2017 6:34 am
Originally Posted by: MichaelKorte

Two important things:[br]Practice and play regularly. Better 15 min a day, than 5 hours one day a week.

Second:

HAVE FUN and enjoy! Music is or having fun and having a journey through a new world full of emotions. :)

It does not matter as much, how good you are (sure, you want to become better, we all want) but that comes, by time. It matters more to enjoy playing this instrument and by that developing a huge passion!

Hang in there, you can do it!

Thanks! I've been playing closer to an hour everyday for almost a month. I love it and I'm starting to like the sounds I'm making haha.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.