Cult Of Personality

Blackhearts
Full Access
Blackhearts
Full Access
10/24/2016 9:13 pm

Thanks for the lesson Cult Of Personality. I have seen other lessons on this song and just got frustrated and quit. You broke it down very well. Its still a challenging song to learn. So far I got the Intro, Interlude, and Chorus down. Starting on the solos tonight.

# 1
affiliate
Full Access
affiliate
Full Access
10/25/2016 4:45 am

You're very welcome! I had a lot of fun playing Cult of Personality and showing Guitar Tricks users the ins and outs. It helped me tons to learn and practice the riff at 50% tempo then ramp it up. Congratulations on nailing the rhythm parts. The solos are beasts. Lots of insanely crazy playing. And remember, Vernon Reed never played it the same from night to night. Best of luck!

# 2
Blackhearts
Full Access
Blackhearts
Full Access
10/25/2016 10:08 pm

Best of luck is an understatement. I am playing it at 80 percent but practicing over and over at 50 percent. Solos are a beast, gonna give it some time for muscle memory. My goal is to play the whole song at 80 percent with solos included by thanksgiving. I will keep you informed on my progress. Thanks again for the lesson. Oh one last thing before I go. What does affiliate mean?

# 3
davecelentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
davecelentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2016 5:13 pm

"Affiliate" is a missprint. It should say "Dave Celentano." FYI, "Affiliate" is when someone or thing is closely assosiated with a bigger organization.

Yes, keep me posted with your progress on Cult of Personality. It's not an easy song, so hang in there and keep practicing it as you are doing. Sounds like you are on the right track.

# 4
Blackhearts
Full Access
Blackhearts
Full Access
11/22/2016 10:06 pm

Well Dave, I can now play Cult of Personality minus the main solo at 100 percent. I must admit my fingers slip off the stings from time to time on the interlude. I normally play blues and classic rock so shredding is new to me or at least this is how it feel to me on the solo. So I invested a month into this song. I will work on the main solo but I wont be obsessed with it like I was with the whole song. So for a guitar hobbiest I can play COP now and I feel good about it. Thanks for putting up the song.

Oh one final note. I see that you reviewed the gear for the GT Gear Review. I thought I would give you a shout out for that.

# 5
davecelentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
davecelentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/06/2017 6:34 pm

I apologize for my late response. That's great news about getting all the way through "Cult Of Personality." The main riff is super cool and the chords in the Bridge section are a nice break, but a bit tricky to navigate. Don't stress over the crazy solo (Vernon never played it the same way twice anyway!).

And thanks for the props on my instrument and gear reviews in 'Guitar Tricks Insider' magazine.

Keep those fingers flying!!

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.