who has the best tone?

nasum_human
nasum_human
07/20/2002 2:42 am
the title says it all, who in your opinion has the sweetest tone? I'm sure you can think of dozens of people, but if you could just have the combination of guitar, pickups, FX and amp to create that ideal tone, who's would it be?

I love Hendrix's tone, BB king's, Clapton, Angus young and Jeff Beck

so come on, tell me, give me ideas of guitarists to check out, I'm always interested in hearing a new player!!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
07/20/2002 6:10 am
Robbie Robertson form the band has soem sweet tone. Also, the session player Bruce Langhorne, who played with Dylan, had some beautiful tone. I tend to notice the tone of session guys more, becuase it is often having to be in the background, and supporting others in the band, and the tone always has a certain quality to it: simple, yet beautiful. Much as I love Hendrix's playing, I go from loving his tone to not thinking it's that great. I'm never sure what I'm going to settle on, and I'm a huge Hendrix fan. George Harrison's tone was great, and unique. Edge's tone an be good, but it's pretty hard to pin down, it changes form album to album, song to song.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.