CuBase

nasum_human
nasum_human
07/20/2002 2:31 am
I'm looking into setting up a high quality home studio and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on cubase (price of software, ease of use etc) and whether or not it would be suitable, I'm looking at recording guitars, violins, bass, piano and keyboards and vocals, I plan on pogramming my own drum tracks, and would just appreciate any information anyone can give, I'm pretty new at the whole 'recording' thing, last time I did it we were in a pro studio with a sound engineer! I feel totally out of my depth here!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
07/20/2002 5:49 am
Cubase is supposed to be a great program, though I have never used it. Other programs of note are Logic Audio (Though they've recently become Mac-only you can still get the great Logic Audio 5), Protools LE or MOTO, which I believe is also Mac-only. A good forum to check out for recording information is the Harmony-Central forum, as they have dedicated spaces for talk of this sort of stuff. I'm just getting into it myself, so I can't be much help, though if you have any specific questions I might be able to help. For your requirements, Cubase should be fine, but remember, you need good hardware, including soundcards designed for audio (soundblaster are ok, but not great). Also, to record Keyboards and Drum tracks, you want a MIDI keyboard, a controller, and a program that works with it, again, Cubase should be fine.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.