Thin Lizzy

rickymurphy
rickymurphy
06/29/2016 12:45 pm

Hi Mike,

as I'm learning the Thin Lizzy song "Don't Believe A Word" I wanted to find the original version you are teaching. I always find it interesting to hear what that sounds like and listen to that many times, before I dig into learning it with your tutorial.

Would the version you teach be the one from the '77 studio album "Johnny The Fox" ?

Thanks !
Ricky
# 1
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
06/29/2016 8:14 pm

No need to look it up, Mike, I'm sure by now it is the version found on the album "Johnny The Fox" (thank you YouTube !! ;-) ). I don't have that album, but I do have the Live And Dangerous Live album, wich is an amazing and energetic album, much better than the studio albums to my personal taste.

I would find it nice if GT would mention the "source" where the songs come from that are being taught. Sometimes there are different versions, single or album versions etc.

Been working all afternoon on the short, but sweet solo, having different tab books, 2 DVD's and ofcourse your tutorial at hand. And your tutorial of the solo really nails it. I like it when the details are 100%. The only thing I noticed is that the accompanying tab is not correct in the details, but that's no problem as you do explain it very well and clearly.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.