Unsure Where to Post

johnv31552
johnv31552
02/26/2016 5:18 pm
I have a Keith Urban Night Star Electric but I wonder something. I have two volume controls and two tone controls. My question is this. It seems that only one volume control is working, because when I put my switch in center position to control the neck and bridge pickups, only one volume control seems to work. I would assume, that if you set the volume on your amp and then adjust each volume control, the volume should change when you turn up the volume on each switch. is it the volume pots or the switch?
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/26/2016 7:36 pm
Originally Posted by: johnv31552I have a Keith Urban Night Star Electric but I wonder something. I have two volume controls and two tone controls. My question is this. It seems that only one volume control is working, because when I put my switch in center position to control the neck and bridge pickups, only one volume control seems to work. I would assume, that if you set the volume on your amp and then adjust each volume control, the volume should change when you turn up the volume on each switch. is it the volume pots or the switch?

It could be either but my guess would be the volume pot itself. How savvy are you with guitar parts? If you can pull it apart and check the wiring, might be as simple as a soldering job.

Otherwise, I'd take it to a local music store/guitar shop or Guitar Center and have a tech look at it.
# 2
johnv31552
johnv31552
02/27/2016 7:26 pm
Ok, I will check it out. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it is one of the pots is disconnected because as I said, the volume works on one but not the other.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.