View post (Music Education)

View thread

nasum_human
nasum_human
07/19/2002 2:57 am
I'm tempted to go for some kind of formal qualification, I'm originally a brit, I moved to the USA in the middle of last year, and my wife and I are both keen to get worthwhile qualifications, the problem is that my wife doesnt consider me playing guitar for 4 years worthwhile, I told her I could work as a number of things, from session musician to teacher, to technician, but she and I to a certain extent feel my options would be limited by the area in which we live. My question is really along the lines of 'is it worth doing a recognised qualification in a musical area, just for the satisfaction of it?' I'm quite willing to take on a course like that, just for my own personal development, but is it 'fun' and enjoyable? or would I feel too much stress?? I'm curious about this kind of stuff, I play fingerstyle classical guitar at a grade 7 level, although I've not practiced in well over a year so I'm prolly way back down there. Any input would be appreciated!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)