Help with Vintage Guitar

OldSkoolPunk
OldSkoolPunk
07/31/2000 11:29 am
Ok I got this guitar from eBay a year ago it's a Melodier I know it has to be old cus it has 2, almost like light swiches for neck and briged single coils. So it has 4 way, Neck, Briged, Both PU, and both PU off. It has a beautiful sun burst finish the wood grain is outstanding, execpt for all the dents and marks I put in it... It has a polished steel pick guard. The PU's are even more wierd, I thought the were humbuckers, they look almost like Gibson one with the metal covering them. But I took the casing off and realized the were old looking single coils. I have searched the net 1000's of times, and all I can find is Melodier Amps. Nothing on there guitars. Any help is greatful, Thanx

Ps Thats not the only thing I have that vintage I have a 1972 Fender Champ, I love it execpt no gain switch. Just Volume, Treble, and Bass. But it still rocks. Da** all my equipment is older than me lol...

------------------
Love is nothing more than a mental illness...

[This message has been edited by OldSkoolPunk (edited 07-31-2000).]
Love is nothing more than mental illness...
# 1
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
07/31/2000 9:38 pm
yo, that old **** is the best you can find. the sound is so clean it rivals any nowaday made fender strat. I've never heard of melodier guitars though. they sure where weird looking things. i know what you're talking about the pickup selector that slides back and forth and big single coil pickups with big boxlike metal casing(i think those are cool). look on ebay at teisco or kingston guitar for more instruments like that. They're usually very cheap but they sound great.

------------------
And that's the bottomline............
"Take my hand boss"
# 2
OldSkoolPunk
OldSkoolPunk
07/31/2000 11:03 pm
Yea it does sound great.. But I think it's time to move up from 2 single coils.. I think my next guitar, I will save up and get the body and neck from Warmoth. Get the PUs I want, make it totaly by my specs...
Love is nothing more than mental illness...
# 3
Jon68
Jon68
08/18/2000 3:14 am
I've never heard of Melodier - you might try emailing Gruhn Guitars in Nashville (www.gruhn.com). They might have some information that could be shared.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.