Depression/blues

nechako
nechako
07/02/2002 6:36 pm
Been trying to bleed my severe recent depression off into music, but it seems like every note hurts. Finished my second demo and gave it around, learning to choose potential audiences very carefully and not get "blown" out of the water by narrow minded people. Anyone else out there dealing with depression and how do you do it?
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
07/02/2002 8:28 pm
it's not easy, i've gone through a couple bouts. there is no easy way to get rid of it. i usually have to wait it out. most of the time i pick up my guitar, lie down, lose my eyes and just play some not too difficult riffs. it's relaxing, but doesn't get rid of the depression. only time seems to do that. good luck, man.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/03/2002 3:41 am
If you're cursed with Seasonally Affected Disorder, you may find the best thing you can do for yourself is to [u]move[/u]! I don't care how nice the BC climate is, the weather is wet and gloomy enough to destroy a SAD-sack like me. I moved to Calgary from Ontario two years ago, and I get by just fine on [u]half[/u] the medication I used to take. If sunshine is what keeps you smilin', leave that soggy Wet Coast behind. :cool:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
nechako
nechako
07/03/2002 6:09 pm
[. I didn't intend it that way, i wrote it sitting naked in a room alone with my SG crying at 2am.

Tell me what you think. [/B][/QUOTE]

wow! I read something like that and realize how special a gift songs are, and the people who write them, and the reasons why they write them. And I feel better now;

>>>even a master isn't imune to the blade of sorrow...
# 4
nechako
nechako
07/04/2002 6:20 pm
[I don't care how nice the BC climate is, the weather is wet and gloomy enough to destroy a SAD-sack like me. I moved to Calgary from Ontario two years ago, and I get by just fine on [u]half[/u] the medication I used to take. If sunshine is what keeps you smilin', leave that soggy Wet Coast behind. :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

>>>I moved here from Calgary, spent almost a decade there,...the weather there seemms to be bi-polar. And the road rage, high rents, slave driving work ethic, population, shallow women,...well for me it was a far worse pit of dispair.
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/05/2002 1:48 am
Originally posted by nechako
>>>I moved here from Calgary, spent almost a decade there,...the weather there seemms to be bi-polar. And the road rage, high rents, slave driving work ethic, population, shallow women,...well for me it was a far worse pit of dispair.
LOL Spoken like some one who has not been to Ontario recently. :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
nechako
nechako
07/05/2002 4:55 pm
or toronto
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.