hello everyone

ajohnson1776
a.j.
ajohnson1776
a.j.
08/27/2015 11:11 pm
hello gt ive been using gt for a few weeks and im now just getting around to trying to learn how to use the forum. if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. it seems to me like the forum may have wealth of info i just kind of suck at figuring all this stuff out. ive been playing (trying to play) for several years. i was playing a lot several years back but life seemed to get in the way so i quit for a good while but have recently picked it back up and i want to really learn something this time. i would definitely call myself a beginner. i would love to hear some of you guys stories who have been with guitar tricks for any amount of time. maybe tell me what has and has not worked for you. i look forward to hearing from some of you.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
08/28/2015 3:25 pm
Originally Posted by: ajohnson1776hello gt ive been using gt for a few weeks and im now just getting around to trying to learn how to use the forum. if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. it seems to me like the forum may have wealth of info i just kind of suck at figuring all this stuff out. ive been playing (trying to play) for several years. i was playing a lot several years back but life seemed to get in the way so i quit for a good while but have recently picked it back up and i want to really learn something this time. i would definitely call myself a beginner. i would love to hear some of you guys stories who have been with guitar tricks for any amount of time. maybe tell me what has and has not worked for you. i look forward to hearing from some of you.

Welcome! The forum can be a little hectic, but basically you'd want to start here and just make note of the different categories: https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/

As you get deeper into the forum and topics, you can use the breadcrumb trail (right at the top of this page and slightly to the left, to see where you're at.

Does that make sense?

If you have any other specific questions or need me to clarify, just let me know.
# 2
compart1
compart1
08/28/2015 7:16 pm
Hey ajohnson1776... Welcome to GT..
To use the forum is most beneficial when combined with the lessons. Chances are the members asking or answering question maybe hit or miss with your particular problem. The best way is to follow the lessons until you get to something you can't quite figure out. Take note of the particular lesson that you are on. Copy and paste the link that you are on. Add your question and send it to the instructor that is doing the lesson. You may sometimes get answers from other instructor and members..
Being a beginner I would suggest starting with the Core lessons.
The forum is fun to scan and see what other are having trouble with, who's new, what song are being requested or what is happening in other parts of the guitar world.
And when you are letting your fingers rest, play around and learn about the tools.
Good luck and get to rocking..
# 3
ajohnson1776
a.j.
ajohnson1776
a.j.
09/01/2015 12:29 am
thanks for the replies. sorry its been a few days since i had time to get on forum. thats not to say i didnt learn at least 3 songs this weekend. im really enjoying this site. it was really good to figure out how to use the loop feature finally. that has really helped me with trying to play solos. but i have to admit its gonna take more than a loop to get me where i want to be. but i will be playing a lot so, leys see how i feel about my solos next august.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.