Anyone buy the new Strat w/Fishman

Terranaut
Terranaut
08/13/2015 6:31 pm
I you fo to the Fender site and look in "deluxe" strats, the last one--which seems to have a Mexican price of only a grand which is MSRP--has a Fishman pickup and USB port. If you watch the demo, the software it comes with seems phenomenal. There is an auto-transcription package I'd love to hear some first hand information about.

If anyone has one or picks one up, please post your thoughts on it. Thanks.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
08/14/2015 1:25 am
Originally Posted by: TerranautI you fo to the Fender site and look in "deluxe" strats, the last one--which seems to have a Mexican price of only a grand which is MSRP--has a Fishman pickup and USB port. If you watch the demo, the software it comes with seems phenomenal. There is an auto-transcription package I'd love to hear some first hand information about.

If anyone has one or picks one up, please post your thoughts on it. Thanks.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with this one. Anyone else?
# 2
bob99
bob99
08/14/2015 12:06 pm
I have the Fishman Tripleplay pickup I bought to add to my own guitar(s).

Once you get it dialed in it tracks very nicely. I use it mostly with softsynths that don't come with with the TriplePlay, but those are nice too.

Keep in mind that playing a guitar as a MIDI controller requires a very clean, precise playing style. I'm still working on it, but overall I'm glad I have the unit

The auto-transciption software that came with mine is an application called "Progression", a guitar-centric notation app.

It works, but also requires a technically clean approach to playing and a lot of practice to get good results
[FONT=Arial]
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 Gibson LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Peavey Milestone Bass - Yamaha A3M - Laney IRT Studio - Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001 - Fishman TriplePlay[/FONT]
# 3
Terranaut
Terranaut
08/19/2015 5:21 am
Originally Posted by: bob99I have the Fishman Tripleplay pickup I bought to add to my own guitar(s).

Once you get it dialed in it tracks very nicely. I use it mostly with softsynths that don't come with with the TriplePlay, but those are nice too.

Keep in mind that playing a guitar as a MIDI controller requires a very clean, precise playing style. I'm still working on it, but overall I'm glad I have the unit

The auto-transciption software that came with mine is an application called "Progression", a guitar-centric notation app.

It works, but also requires a technically clean approach to playing and a lot of practice to get good results

Thanks. Being precise would not be a problem. Seeing played music turn into standard notation with tab below blows my knickers off their bockers.
# 4
adammccaskill
adammccaskill
10/17/2015 2:25 am
Real time tabbing via midi has been my holy grail for a long time. I transcribe a lot of songs for a hobby and if I don't tab them out I tend to forget them over the years. I also like to share my tabs with the other guitarist in my band. Hand writing the tabs can be tedious and time consuming. After a few months of researching the triple play I finally took the plunge and ordered the unit online. I have had other midi controllers (roland mainly) and have used software guitar synths but none of them have been able to record tabs in real time all the way up and down the neck as well as record the rhythmic information in the tab. I also tried guitar pro which is great but doesn't have real time input, only step input. I am also not great at writing the timing of each note so that playback reproduces the actual lick/phrase accurately.
Well I was very sceptical of the online sales pitch for triple play. In most of the videos that you can find the tabbing is only shown in first position and in the past going out of first position up the neck has been the weak point in midi recognition of notes.
Anyway to cut a long story short, this thing is the bomb! It is really an amazing combination and can do exactly what I need. I can now play in my transcriptions in real time and the pickup and software captures every note in exactly the position I played it. It also records the rhythmic info and plays back what I played beautifully. I'm still figuring out how to capture bends (I've only had the unit for 2 days and haven't had a lot of time to play around and fine tune it) but even so I am really excited and happy with my purchase. The pickup tracks perfectly with no latency and triggering keys, sax and synths using the triple play is a blast! Cant wait to have some more time to fine tune the system and record some multi instrumental songs.
My advice to you would be to buy the unit with no hesitation. You wont be sorry - its the best few hundred dollars I've spent in a long time.
# 5
ravez
ravez
04/30/2017 7:02 pm

hi, i just bought the triple play and while i can see it picking up the right notes on the right strings in the triple play software, i can't get it to work right in any notation software (progression, notion, logic...) it always shows up the first position instead of the actual notes.

How did you get it to work and in what software did you record the tabs? thanks

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.