Has anyone else "bombed" an Audition?

pattyb5
pattyb5
06/29/2015 7:41 pm
Ten years ago/or so, I was a young(er), maybe a little cocky, confident, developing guitar player who got every gig I tried out for. I played in several bands and had a lot of fun.

In the last six/seven years or so, my playing has Plateaued and playing guitar has become more of a "hobby" than a serious endeavor.

Wanting to "get back" in the game, I decided to respond to a local ad. I show up......and in typical fashion, there were a million things thrown at me/seemingly working against me and a somewhat uncomfortable rehearsal environment. Add in that I was feeling a lot more nerves that I ever felt before and music that isn't really in my "wheel house," and I felt like the proverbial fish out of water. It wasn't a total train wreck but it wasn't great either. Then, on my way out, I see the next guy auditioning who was, basically, me 12 years ago. I thought to myself, I would have beat myself out back in the day too. lol Needless to say, I haven't got "the call" and don't expect to. Time to regroup, refocus, and get back on the horse. :)

PS: another tip...never show up to an audition with an unfamiliar amp. lol yea, I knew better too. You gotta be comfortable with "your tone" or you have nothing. IMO

Rock on!
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.