Post Guitarport Interface?

dphamdallas
dphamdallas
05/08/2015 3:59 am
Looks like Line 6 is not longer supporting Guitarport. I had bought all the amp simulators and was wondering if you all could recommend a replacement interface that I could use with my Simulators as well as with the Mac Garage band on Ipad, iphone, mac and so forth. Looks like there has been a lot of progress with guitar to computer intefaces that I can travel with.

TIA,
Danny
# 1
jddavis76
jddavis76
05/16/2015 4:31 am
I was using the Guitarport for years now and I went to use the Focusrite 2i2, a nice unit it has 2 inputs, 2 guitars or guitar and mic. But if your using humbuckers in your guitars, especially that has some output to them, I'd recommend the Focusrite 2i4, this allow you to use your current speakers, I take it that your using the RCA jack type. 2i2 doesn't support that and the biggest thing to me is that have these pad buttons that help reduce the output going into the unit making for a cleaner sound, especially when recording. I wish someone would of told me about that little feature. I does cost about $50 bucks more, but well worth it.

They run new $150 for the 2i2 and $200 for the 2i4. You can find them on ebay and get them for a pretty good deal.

Jim
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.