Cracking the cheap metal code

munqy
munqy
06/21/2002 10:23 am
When i was in one of my first major high school band (domani) i learnt a thing or 2 about the new (cheap) metal genre. I grew up listening to metallica and bands like blink 182 and POD were ticking me off and so i thought i could convince the rest of the school that old skool heavy metal is the way to go. Boy did i get it. By attepmting to go past the limit of three chords per chorus and 2 chords per verse standard i got kicked out of the most popular band in our school. Afterwards i was ticked as hell and i didn't talk to the vocalist for a month. then he gives me his words of wisdom on why nu metal is cool.

People - including teeni boppers (whateva the spelling) want to play music now. They don't want to wait 10 years before they play there first song. they want to mix whatever they think sounds good and make music now for those living now. they won't lose sleep if there songs no classic. And this is what the ppl want.

this freaking shocked me. Do i want to jam and have fun now or should i wait til i'm 40 and have 4 kids and then have a blast making music. That was not the case in the 80's as ppl were dropping skool. so this is my revelation. Who cares if satch and vai can play better than us ... seize the moment ..get out there and jam like hell- u can't allways be a teenager (for those of us that are). Play what u luv and forget about the those who are better. crud i sound like a shrink ... still don't waste ure lives just for the sake of getting better. who knows u just might get famous - take this kirk hammet helped write kill em all only after 10 lessons with satch ... how long did satch wait and whos enjoying themselves ... (pbly both but still...)?
i 'm starting to talk like my dad ... and this scares me any way ... england vs brazil ... this'll be good i've got 3 mins ......wheres that soda

[Edited by munqy on 06-21-2002 at 05:27 AM]
real tyte bro \m/
# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
06/21/2002 8:15 pm
for the love of god dont mention the war.... i mean the match (that's a reference to those who watched faulty towers)...
This is my taste: by i really really really really really really (i think i've made my self clear) resent ALOT of old school metal, and alot of new metal. It can't stand cheesers, and the fakeness, and the need to make your song so intracit and yet have absoloutly no songwriting ability at ALL (that;s the old school), the new metal sounds very strained they're all trying to sound more and more misunderstood, and being ostracied is cool, even if it makes your song sound very poor and clechied.... grr...
Ther's bands like SOAD and TOOL, who SOUND more innovative and intresting than the old school stuff which went by the same ol' formular, and good does of song writting...
I dont know, I'm of the mind that you need to strike a balance between songwritting and technical abillity, and i've realized my leaning is towards songwritting... even though i really really would like to shred... the difference is i want to use it in moderation, not simply because i can.
lol, sorry, still upset about the match... SHHHHH, dont mention the match...
# 2
munqy
munqy
06/22/2002 5:53 am
Forget the post .......
THE MATCH WAS AWSOME .........
it was so much better than germany versus USA. that was plain boring. SO what if ENGLAND lots ... they played well ... becks was in top form .... but cum on brazil was one man short. oh well ... spain and korea today rite ... sweeeet!
real tyte bro \m/
# 3
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
06/22/2002 11:49 pm
I thouhgt everyone but Beckham played well, he just threw himself on the ground every time he go into the box.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.