Problem watching instruction videos

TonyNun
TonyNun
03/07/2015 6:38 pm
Hi, I have Windows 7. I also have cable internet with 10 Mbts speed. When I come here everything seems slow as molasses. Just to get this New Thread working I had to click and click the new thread button.
The videos are choppy and sometimes completely fail near the halfway mark or earlier. I don't have a problem watching YouTube videos.
I have also tried watching the videos here even on the less intensive viewing and it is no better.

Could there be something in my computer that does not like the kind of video player here?

Is there a way for me to fix this? I have tried using FireFox and Internet Exlorer. I, today, installed Google Chrome and the problem still exists.

Thanks for any help. I'm really pushing forward to better myself playing guitar and need to figure this problem out.
# 1
tweety67
tweety67
03/07/2015 10:23 pm
I've been having the same problems too.
# 2
mullinsr8144
mullinsr8144
03/07/2015 11:25 pm
I have a PH Slim line that is 5 years old with 3gb it still has the same hard drive and I just sign up for guitar tricks 4 days ago and I have been on the site a lot and I am not having any problem so for I had my HP debugged at Staples Office Supplies I bought a 1 year contract with Staples and believe me it is worth. Or it could be your flash player needs updating. I am not a computer expert but I thought I would try to help. Good luck
# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/07/2015 11:27 pm
For the fastest help and response I think its best to directly contact the Help Desk (click on "Help" near the top right corner of a GT page and then click on the "Submit a Request" tab). That said, a slow playing GT video or difficulties in navigating around GT are sometimes due to problems not at GT or with our ISPs but at points in between. See my post #4 here, https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42566
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 4
TonyNun
TonyNun
03/08/2015 12:08 am
Just this evening I installed the free ccleaner and cleaned out all kinds of problem files on my computer. So far the videos are running MUCH better!

Thanks also to the help people here. They responded very quickly with an email to see if they could help.
# 5
brian reid
Full Access
brian reid
Full Access
03/08/2015 11:21 am
i have been having the same problem for the last couple weeks and can't figure it out. I only have the problem with this site all others work fine.
# 6
TonyNun
TonyNun
03/08/2015 11:37 am
Brian, check out the free CCleaner program. I was having some real difficulties until I installed that program and it cleaned out all the missing links and missing shared DLL's in the registry not to mention all the other stuff that gets messed up over time in the Windows registry.

If you do install it, make sure you go to the left on the CCleaner window and click on "Registry" and make sure everything has a check mark then "scan for issues" at the bottom.

Also make sure you go to the "Cleaner" on the upper left and clean the "Windows" and "Applications" of problems.

My laptop is like new again. It boots much much faster and all the programs load much faster and best of all I can now view all the instruction videos here without a problem!

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.