Pedal project

Sinnerman
Sinnerman
01/31/2015 10:54 pm
I'm levelling up on my pedal board: out with the pedaltrain and in with a custom pedal board two tier, G2 switching and modular power supply from GigRig.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's built their own board (patch cables, power supply rather than constructed the board) for any tips, tricks, and pitfalls.

Cheers!
# 1
guitarjock
Full Access
guitarjock
Full Access
02/16/2015 1:21 am
I checked out a video on the GigRig G2, pretty amazing. What specific pedals/effects are you going to be controlling?

I just picked up a used WAVE (Joyo) pxl-8 loop router, pretty basic compared to your unit but I mainly want to create banks for pedals on my board. Hit one button instead of having to turn on/off specific pedals and keep unused pedals out of the signal chain. Wish I had that "spillover" feature from the G2 though.

This may be obvious if you have a G2, but you will want to use quality cables.
I've always used George Ls with no issues. Have also heard Lava cable was good. The GigRig has its own power supply (for pedals) correct? I'm using a Pedal Power II+ , no problems, very quiet. But I am trying to find a longer jumper cable to power a Wah that is currently off to the side of my board because of space limitations.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about your set up. Best of luck!
# 2
Sinnerman
Sinnerman
03/16/2015 8:13 am
Hey Guitarjock,

Thanks for the advice. The project started from planning to upgrade the power supply and grew from there. The more I looked around, the more I realised how big a job it was going to be. Twenty+ patch cables, power supply etc. I delayed the start date and took on a few extra shifts to cover the increased cost of having the board built for me by custom pedal boards, an independent company here in the UK. It should be finished by the end of the month, but here's a sneak peek of the layout.

Chris
# 3
Sinnerman
Sinnerman
04/16/2015 4:40 am
Here's the latest update of my project. Board built, pedals assembled. Just the wiring up to go.

I left a bit of growing room on the top tier: any one care to offer any suggestions for what I could fill it with.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.