Finnally getting some gear

munqy
munqy
06/17/2002 5:29 pm
No not the magazine, i need some gear.
So far all i have is a guitar and an amp. I got a distortion pedal a while ago and i barely use it. Is a metal zone boss pedal worth more than the metal its made outta?

Nuff of that ...
I need a pedal, i'm thinking of getting a waa , but i don't know where to start.

Again ... a friend of mine told me its better to get a multi effects pedal - it'll save me a LOT of money. If so what type type should i get? I play bone crushing metal but '8-'s tsyle leads (metallica, randy rhoads , megadeth B sabbath, yada) ...so whats a good buy.
real tyte bro \m/
# 1
dot-dot-dot
dot-dot-dot
06/17/2002 6:07 pm
The Metalzone is allegedly usable, if you bung an EQ after it to let you shape the sound better. I can't really comment, not having used one myself, but EQ is always good.

As for multiFX, I'd strongly point you towards the Boss GT series. They sound good, they have a decent interface, they're getting good reports from people using them and they're very well built. I'd suggest a secondhand GT-3 (try ebay?) or a new GT-6. The GT-6 has some advantages; better amp models, more FX, knobs on the front panel for quick & dirty fiddling...

Don't buy anything that's in a plastic case. It clearly wasn't made for serious use.
Squeeze the day!

The Monkey FX Page - effect guides and handbuilt pedals.
# 2
kevin gomez page
kevin gomez page
06/19/2002 6:46 am
What ever u do dont get DOD gear they r good for a while but they break fast with in a year. as far as distortion get a good amp. and multieffects get a digitech or boss. i have a digitech GNX3 it does it all.
# 3
bad_moon
bad_moon
06/25/2002 2:07 pm
im in sorta same boat as starter dude, except i aint lookin for pedals.. im into metallica and that crap also.
just gotta guitar 'n' amp.

ive already asked this in some other thread, but its been a day and im anxious for an answer :)

what can/should i buy (guitar, amp, preamp, etc..) to get a wicked guitar sound like satriani has in both the rythm and lead in big bad moon. it sounds cool as, and i want a part of that coolness :)

please help.
# 4
taylormarkow
taylormarkow
07/04/2002 7:23 pm
i have a BOSS GT-3 'multi effects procesor' thing. it has a lot of different sounds but i think vox wah wah pedals and crybabys are the best.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was why several of us died of tuberculosis.
# 5
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2002 8:16 pm
You could give Line6's POD a go.This is an amp moddelling thing that either plugs into you amp as a pre- amp or into a desk.

The effects are very limited but they are there. The amp tones are cool.

If you get to play with it in the store give the Brit Hi gain (Marshall JCM800) and Modern Hi gain (Soldano X88 or X99) settings a go.

Happy playing
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.