View post (Keith Urban guitar)

View thread

jang7
jang7
12/31/2014 1:24 am
Originally Posted by: john of MTI wondered the same thing recently. I caught the tail end of an HSN or some such channel infomercial pitching his guitars. They looked very pretty and the 'special holiday package price' they were offering seemed to be really cheap...$150 for guitar, 15w amp, and a bunch of accessories. They said the guitar alone was a 'retail value' of $750 but...you know how that goes.

The price just seemed to be too low and I assumed that Urban may one day regret lending his name to the product. But I'm ready to be proven wrong. :) It'd be interesting to track down the company and country of manufacture.

Well, i have an acoustic now but i ordered one of Urban's guitars recently and it should be in any day. So even though i'm a beginner i'll post my thoughts after i get it and let a friend who has been a player for quite some time check it out.

I know they're made in China. Not sure of the manufacturers name. The majority of the reviews i saw seem to be favorable. The common analysis is that for the money they're a quality guitar and great for beginners. We'll see.

That said, i think Urban is an awesome guitarist and love his music.