Keith Urban guitar

jang7
jang7
12/30/2014 6:08 am
Has anybody tried one of the Keith Urban collection guitars? Acoustic or electric? Wondering about their quality.
# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/30/2014 4:20 pm
I wondered the same thing recently. I caught the tail end of an HSN or some such channel infomercial pitching his guitars. They looked very pretty and the 'special holiday package price' they were offering seemed to be really cheap...$150 for guitar, 15w amp, and a bunch of accessories. They said the guitar alone was a 'retail value' of $750 but...you know how that goes.

The price just seemed to be too low and I assumed that Urban may one day regret lending his name to the product. But I'm ready to be proven wrong. :) It'd be interesting to track down the company and country of manufacture.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
compart1
compart1
12/30/2014 4:21 pm
I can't elaborate on Keith Urban guitar, nor (another TV sales type) the Randy Jackson guitar. I can say about another TV guitar deal, the Esteban Guitar. My step daughter bought it. It was so bad a few friends and an instructor said it wasn't fit to learn on.. Their opinion.
Now if you take all the 22 pkg. components, amp, CD's, and such, you are pretty much the value of a box store pkg..
Not saying this is not a good deal, but you get what you pay for..
Here's the link.. Note there are only 2 reviews.
http://www.hsn.com/products/keith-urban-light-the-fuse-electric-guitar-pkg/7367235

the Randy Jackson
http://www.hsn.com/products/randy-jackson-studio-series-23pc-electric-guitar-pkg/7503307

Hope you get some good feed back about Keith,s guitar.
Have a great day..
# 3
jang7
jang7
12/31/2014 1:24 am
Originally Posted by: john of MTI wondered the same thing recently. I caught the tail end of an HSN or some such channel infomercial pitching his guitars. They looked very pretty and the 'special holiday package price' they were offering seemed to be really cheap...$150 for guitar, 15w amp, and a bunch of accessories. They said the guitar alone was a 'retail value' of $750 but...you know how that goes.

The price just seemed to be too low and I assumed that Urban may one day regret lending his name to the product. But I'm ready to be proven wrong. :) It'd be interesting to track down the company and country of manufacture.

Well, i have an acoustic now but i ordered one of Urban's guitars recently and it should be in any day. So even though i'm a beginner i'll post my thoughts after i get it and let a friend who has been a player for quite some time check it out.

I know they're made in China. Not sure of the manufacturers name. The majority of the reviews i saw seem to be favorable. The common analysis is that for the money they're a quality guitar and great for beginners. We'll see.

That said, i think Urban is an awesome guitarist and love his music.
# 4
treeder
treeder
12/31/2014 10:17 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1I can't elaborate on Keith Urban guitar, nor (another TV sales type) the Randy Jackson guitar. I can say about another TV guitar deal, the Esteban Guitar. My step daughter bought it. It was so bad a few friends and an instructor said it wasn't fit to learn on.. Their opinion.

My kids bought me an Estaban about 5 years ago when I wanted to start learning guitar. When I started with a live instructor a short time later he looked it over and said for the money, it was not too bad. It certainly is playable and I've not had any issues with it ever (other than breaking a string or two). It's certainly not top of the line but it stays in tune and still sounds pretty good. Knowing what I know now, I'm sure I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one but not bad for something to begin with. Just my 2 cents.
# 5
jang7
jang7
01/25/2015 7:46 pm
Just an update....I got my Keith Urban acoustic/electric guitar in and have been using it to practice with and i'm quite impressed with it for the money. I'm just a newbie with the whole guitar stuff but my brother and father both play guitar and they think it's quality for the price. Granted, like my father said, it ain't on the same level as his Martin and all that, but in his words "don't sound or feel bad at all for the money". I got it in the Brazillian burst finish and it looks nice as well. It's got a built in electronic tuner too. Handy.
# 6
compart1
compart1
01/25/2015 11:04 pm
congrat jang7.. Glad it wasn't a bummer..
# 7
johnv31552
johnv31552
01/26/2016 11:12 pm
Saw this thread and had to answer. I bought the Keith Urban Night Star Electric and was completely amazed. I am not sure if mine just happened to be set up right from the factory, but let me tell you, it has a very low action, but no fret buzz, and since I am a beginner of sorts it was well worth the $200.00 I paid for it. It came with the amp, the Keith Urban CD's case etc and since I have owned it, the only thing I did to it, was replaced the strings that came with it, for a set of DaDarrio 10 46 gauge strings. It sounds great, I can bend strings with it and its over all an excellent guitar. I want to buy the Gibson Les Paul, but I am forcing myself to learn Blues 1 before I feel I deserve to go buy a Gibson LP. Having said that though, I will still be using the Night Star also. GREAT GUITAR.
# 8
boigman
boigman
02/08/2016 9:43 pm
My wife got me the Keith Urban Acoustic as a Christmas present. I was very worried it was going to be a piece of crap, but I have to say I've been very pleasantly surprised. It has a nice low action and clear tone. It's actually easier to play than my Ovation. It came with the little amp, but I really haven't used it enough to comment on, other than it didn't blow me away when I first plugged it in. Since I have other amps I like a lot, this one will probably end up on Craigslist some day.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.