View post (How old were you when you started playing guitar?)

View thread

jang7
jang7
01/25/2015 7:25 pm
Originally Posted by: ladd101I started at age 51. I've been playing for a year. I told myself I would take private 30 minute lessons weekly ($100.00/month), then after a year evaluate where I was at with guitar and determine if I enjoyed it. In the last year I only practiced 30 - 60 minutes about 5 - 6 times a week. My lessons ended and now I'm doing the Guitar Tricks Fundamentals. Although I don't practice nearly as much as others. I have fun and can play several simpler songs on my acoustic. My ultimate goal is to be able to play a couple songs at open mic night. I'm going the slow and steady route, but enjoying it and see this as a lifelong hobby. I've already achieved a major goal for myself - I can play and sing "Melissa" by the Allman Brothers, LOL.

That's awesome man. I'm 50 and just beginning myself and i'm working through the core fundamentals as well, along with soaking up other stuff here and there as well. This has gained me so much more admiration and respect for those who can really tear a guitar up.