Would this be a good deal?

Kasperow
Kasperow
09/03/2014 7:41 pm
I just looked on a Danish eBay-like website (it's actually run by eBay, only it's all Danish), and found what I believe could be a good deal. It's a black Duesenberg Starplayer Special, Les Paul-style guitar and this one goes for just above half the standard retail price. The drawback: It has some cosmetic scratches and belt-marks from being used, which drags the price down a bit.

Some info on the guitar in question, so you folks can help me decide whether it's worth the roughly 700-800 USD:

"Duesenberg Starplayer Special Black electric guitar, US-Alder Body, solid Maple Top, Body Size 44 x 32,5 x 5,3cm, thomann Bolt on Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard 12" Radius, Dual Action Truss Rods, Nut width 42 mm, Scale 647 mm, 22 Jumbo Frets, Pickups: 1x Grand Vintage Humbucker Neck position and 1 x Crunchbucker Humbucker Bridge Position, Tunamatic Bridge and Stop Tailpiece, US- 3 way Switch, Multi-Tone-Pot for Splitting Function and Tonecontrol."

How good quality would you say this instrument is? I have already tried a few Duesenberg guitars a year ago, and they were just awesome, but I believe someone more experienced might be better able to estimate the quality of this guitar. In short, is it worth 700-800 dollars or would it be better to save money for something else.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.